Administrative Technician III-Mobile Unit
Job Posting Title
Administrative Technician III-Mobile Unit
340 OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
Rogers County Health Dept.
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
The annual salary for this position is up to $32,011.84, based on Education and Experience.
This position will independently perform technical duties and provide support for the Public Health on the Go mobile unit and to professional and technical staff to the County Health Department programs and staff.
Positions in this job family are assigned duties and responsibilities involving document production and management through a variety of manual or technological processes. This may include preparing correspondence, reports or other documents, maintaining various filing systems, including computer records of various activities, reviewing and processing applications for permits or licenses, assisting agency customers with inquiries or problems concerning an assigned program area, processing various types of claims, requisitions, purchase orders and invoices for payment, and similar duties.
The functions within this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
- Maintains a variety of records such as perpetual inventories of supplies and materials, and statements of expenditures; reconciles departmental records with central records; prepares correspondence, forms and reports.
- Initiates and handles correspondence relating to a special field or program in regards to agency or program rules, policies, procedures, or requirements.
- Performs a variety of sorting and filing tasks; answers the phone, takes messages, and disseminates information; opens, sorts, distributes, collects, and delivers mail; performs a number of tasks such as posting and recording data.
- Produces documents of various levels of complexity, ranging from plain copy typing to the manipulation of data to create complex presentations.
- Enters and retrieves information using personal computer or other data processing equipment, and receives and reviews coded and uncoded source documents; proofs previously entered data and makes routine corrections.
- Examines, checks, and verifies reports and other documents for completeness, appropriateness, adequacy, and conformity to established requirements, and follows up on discrepancies.
- Maintains an inventory of equipment and supplies used in office or shop operations; receives or delivers materials and equipment.
- Reviews and processes claims from vendors, contractors, medical providers and others for reimbursement or payment under various state programs.
- Assists customers in securing needed information and documents; conducts interviews to obtain information from clients; provides transportation or other assistance to clients as required.
- Participates in the servicing of mobile clinic trailer and assist with set up and take down of equipment.
- Assist in transportation of the mobile unit as needed.
- Will assist with patient flow and operational components of mobile clinic services as it relates to trailer use and patient flow.
- Will provide office coverage to Craig, Delaware, Mayes, Ottawa, Rogers, Wagoner, and Washington County Health Departments while the mobile clinic is not in use.
- This is the specialist level where employees will independently perform most complex and technical duties, such as preparing presentations through manipulation of data, or preparing documents for audits or special reports. Some responsibility may be assigned for the functional supervision of other employees on a limited basis.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and supports mission, vision, value statements, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Works effectively in team environment, participating and assisting their peers.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and Experience
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of two years of clerical office experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of office methods and procedures; and of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and basic mathematics. Skill is required to operate office machines including computers/PCs. Ability is required to follow oral and written instructions and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others. Plus, knowledge of preparing and interpreting charts and graphs; of basic bookkeeping procedures; of mathematics; of inventory techniques; of telephone procedures; and of standard business communications. Ability is required to establish and maintain filing systems and to prepare documents. Plus, knowledge of current office technologies; and ability to prepare documents, reports, and files for dissemination to external sources.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Work is typically performed in an office setting with a climate controlled settings and exposure to moderate noise level. While performing the duties of the job, employee is required to talk, stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. This position requires long period of sitting and daily use of computer and phone.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.