Caregiver Lead (Overnight)
Why New Perspective Senior Living?
A career with a purpose starts here!
This is an exciting time to join New Perspective. We are a growing company serving over 2,000 seniors today with a goal of reaching 10,000 by 2025. Our growth is creating energy, excitement, and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others. We have a culture of servant leadership and collaboration that supports each team member's personal and professional development. At New Perspective you're not just an employee, you are a valued member of our team.
As the Caregiver Lead, you will work with all caregivers. You will provide training, guidance, and support. Your role will be to enhance the caregiver's skills, knowledge, abilities, confidence, and job performance to support quality resident care delivery and services. You will lead and champion the customer service experience and the Company's mission, values, foundational belief, leadership pledge, and commitment to the collaborative team model.
Shifts Available: Overnight
- The caregiver lead will be required to work 4/10 shift as well as every other weekend and holiday.
- (Week 1) Sun, Mon, Wed, Thurs. (Week 2) Tues, Wed, Fri, Sat
- Coach team members on job assignments and provide coaching to for target skills, knowledge, abilities, attitudes, and cultural norms, as well as excellence in customer service and hospitality to residents, families, and visitors
- Trains and assists team members to correctly perform caregiver tasks, solve problems independently, and build trusting relationships with residents by guiding, reminding, and cueing them in an encouraging, professional, and non-judgmental manner
- Provides team members with real-time training and constructive feedback on performance opportunities
- Ensures team members attend, complete, and understand orientation, town hall, Relias and all training requirements
- In collaboration with Coordinator reports on team member progress and any development needs
- Demonstrate leadership with team members by adherence of, and coaching of, Company policies and procedures while completing their caregiver duties.
- Expectation of high performance of caregiver duties and the ability to coach skills, knowledge and abilities to other caregivers.
- Work as assigned with the clinical staff in checking completion of resident and shift log records.
- Maintain and monitor resident vital signs and weight in accordance with physician orders and/or nursing directives.
- Top-performing caregiver experience
- Working knowledge of electronic health record and ability to teach caregivers to document in residents' electronic health record
- Aptitude to nurture, coach, and inspire caregivers to develop target skills, knowledge, abilities, attitudes, and support Company cultural norms
- Ability to prioritize and teach caregivers to prioritize tasks and work responsibilities.
- Ability to foster teamwork among caregivers
- Strong communication, coaching, one-on-one training, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to give and receive feedback constructively and positively
Team Member Benefits & Perks*
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- 401(k) with Company Match!
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Company-Paid Basic Life Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term Disability
- Company-Paid Long-Term Disability
- Health Reimbursement Account/Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Education assistance - up to $5,000 per calendar year!
- Leadership Development & Career Advancement
- Real-time Access to Earned Wages
- Referral Bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program
*Benefits vary by full-time, part-time, and PRN status.
New Perspective is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
New Perspective is partnering with MinnesotaJobs.com to find caring, team-oriented professionals, like you. We offer a variety of assisted living career opportunities: servers, cooks, caregivers, operations, leadership, and more. Submit your application today!