Correctional Business Asst
Performs responsible and complex duties associated with a specialized function of a section of clerical employees in a correctional institution
- Schedules patients for appointments through EMR when needed & enters SCR into EMR
- Patient Throughput Management
- Ensures protected health information (PHI) is scanned into EMR.
- Checks access to care through EMR.
- Assist when needed in processing patients through EMR.
- Schedules and completes paperwork for offender Record Reviews
- Responds to all request in a timely manner as required.
- Effectively participates in the overall goals of the Managed Care team.
- Copies records for patient liaison, attorney general, and others who are authorized to receive and/or review PHI.
- Support the goal of the unit by attending meetings.
- Acts as courier to facilitate the EMR operation.
- Performs all other health information tasks as necessary.
About Managed Care
Since 1989, TTUHSC Managed Care has been providing clinical and operational support to correctional facilities throughout West Texas and other regional areas. We serve approximately 30,000 patients utilizing a broad range of comprehensive medical and health services. TTUHSC Managed Care strives to positively impact the lives of our patients, to include many who had no previous access to quality health care. Learn more about TTUHSC Managed Care HERE
This valuable team member shall perform work in a manner that reflects the Values of TTUHSC:
- ONE TEAM unite and include diverse perspectives to achieve our mission
- KINDHEARTED exceed expectations with a kind heart, helping hands, and a positive attitude
- INTEGRITY be honorable and trustworthy even when no one is looking
- VISIONARY nurture innovative ideas, bold explorations, and a pioneering spirit
- BEYOND SERVICE create and deliver positive defining moments 27
- Generous paid time off, sick leave, and holiday schedule
- 100% paid health insurance for full time employees, 50% paid for dependents
- Dental, vision, long-term, and short-term disability benefits.
- State of Texas pension plan that vests in 5 years.
- State Employee tuition forgiveness and tuition assistance for continuing education
- Medical liability insurance for all licensed health care employees.
- And much more.
Other duties as assigned.
Education: A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent. Experience: Three years progressively responsible clerical experience. Additional education and/or related experience to equal three years may substitute on a year for year basis.
Compensation is commensurate upon the qualifications of the individual selected and budgetary guidelines of the hiring department, as well as, the institutional pay plan. For additional information, please reference the institutional pay plan on the Human Resources webpage.
As an EEO/AA employer, the Texas Tech University System and its components will not discriminate in our employment practices based on an applicant's race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information or status as a protected veteran.
Jeanne Clery Act
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal statute requiring colleges and universities participating in federal financial aid programs to maintain and disclose campus crime statistics and security information. By October 1 of each year, institutions must publish and distribute their Annual Campus Security Policy & Crime Statistics Report (ASR) to current and prospective students and employees. You can locate this report through our website at: https://www.ttuhsc.edu/emergency/clery-report.aspx .