Health Care Financial Manager
Under general direction, to manage and coordinate complex financial management activities or functions within the Santa Clara Valley Health & Hospital System, for large departments or functions within the County health services system.
COVID-19 Risk Level: Lower Risk
- Supervises the work of staff engaged in finance-based analytical activities and projects including but not limited to budget preparation and monitoring, revenue and expense forecasting, cost and feasibility studies, grant and/or cost reimbursement claiming for government, other payors and agencies, general accounting, contract payment reconciliations, and other financial activities and projects for departments or functions;
- Provides financial direction to insure conformance with departmental and other policies and procedures;
- Defines financial reporting and information needs and directs staff in preparation of periodic reports addressing those needs, utilizing a variety of information technology applications and databases;
- Analyzes and interprets existing, new or proposed legislation for cost and program implications;
- Reviews, analyzes, recommends and implements procedural changes in departmental financial management activities;
- Manages personnel related areas of labor relations, recruitment, hiring, goal setting, evaluation, orientation, team building and mentoring;
- Conducts a variety of studies to determine best financial practices;
- Negotiates and monitors financial contracts with outside service providers and business partners;
- Prepares and presents a variety of budgetary, informational and statistical reports and makes recommendations in writing, graphic and oral presentations;
- May be assigned as a Disaster Service Worker, as required;
- Performs related work as required.
Sufficient training and experience to demonstrate the ability to perform the above tasks and the attainment of the knowledge and abilities listed below.
Experience Note: The knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform this function are acquired through possession of a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or a closely related field and five (5) years of increasingly responsible professional financial analytical experience, three (3) years of which were in a health care finance setting.
- Principles and practices of financial management in the health care field, including both expense and reimbursement requirements and management;
- Strategic planning concepts in the health care field;
- Statistical analysis and techniques, procedures, advanced computer skills, complex financial analyses, spreadsheets and database software;
- Principles and practices of supervision, staff development, organization, administration, fiscal and program management;
- Laws and regulations governing the health care industry and the financial operation of the County;
- Work effectively as a member of a management team in a large health and hospital system.
- Administer, coordinate, supervise and analyze the work of assigned staff engaged in complex financial, informational and statistical analyses;
- Analyze and evaluate complex health services and financial issues, programs and activities and reach sound cost effective conclusions;
- Interpret and apply rules and regulations governing health care financial operations;
- Make recommendations for program and procedural modifications based on financial performance, regulatory and/or legislative changes;
- Select, train, supervise, develop, evaluate and motivate staff;
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Closing Date/Time: 10/3/2022 11:59 PM Pacific