Health Care Policy Lead – Human Services Program Consultant
Job Class: Human Services Program Consultant
Working Title: Health Care Policy Lead
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 11/19/2021
- Closing Date: 12/02/2021
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Human Services Dept / MAPE DHS Central Office
- Division/Unit: DHS-Central Office / HCA AC Medicaid Dir CIPH
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
- Days of Work:
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $31.35 - $46.49/hourly; $65,459 - $97,071/annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
- FLSA Status: Exempt - Administrative
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
This position is part of a cross administration policy and implementation unit created to develop and manage DHS' efforts to identify, develop and implement the program, policy, financing and systems changes needed to ensure that Minnesota complies with the federal Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA) requirements related to reforming care coordination and management and related payment systems, and integration of Medicaid services, including health care, behavioral health, and long term care services and supports with social services.
- Act as integrated services policy lead and provide policy expertise to lead legislative and policy development efforts in complex health care reform policy initiatives.
- Lead the development of fiscal and policy analysis of new federal law, rule or guidance related to health care reform requirements, develop legislation and develop plans for future service model development.
- Provide ongoing oversight and planning for activities related to the development and implementation of all federal health home models. Lead and coordinate policy for the DHS enrollee eligibility, provider eligibility and enrollment, systems, benefit, and financing policy development, compliance, and implementation activities relating to behavioral health homes and other program activities integrating health care, mental health, chemical health and other social services.
- Lead workgroups comprised of internal DHS stakeholders as well as external stakeholders including representatives from managed care organizations, the MN Hospital Association, professional associations county representatives, advocacy groups and consumers to monitor and coordinate the department's analysis and implementation of operational efforts related to specific health care reform project and program policy areas.
- Manage contracts or interagency agreements for technical assistance to address legislative directives of the case management redesign initiative, such as developing outcome measures and foundational training curriculums.
Three (3) years of specialized professional health care or public assistance program experience demonstrating the following:
- Experience with State and Federal laws governing Medicaid and Minnesota Health Care Programs (MHCP).
- Experience leading policy implementation initiatives and projects.
- Developing and leading a project from inception to completion.
- Graduation from an American Bar Association accredited law school.
- Experience working with a diverse workforce and client population.
- Ability to develop abstract, complex ideas and recommendations from a variety of groups, and present them effectively to a wide range of groups and individuals verbally and in writing.
- Monitor, interpret, apply, and assess the program, policy, and budget implications of interactive federal and state laws, rules and regulations.
- Variety of experiences working effectively with others from different backgrounds and cultures.
To facilitate proper crediting, please ensure that your resume clearly describes your experience in the areas listed and indicates the beginning and ending month and year for each job held.
REFERENCE/BACKGROUND CHECKS - The Department of Human Services will conduct reference checks to verify job-related credentials and criminal background check prior to appointment.
Why Work For Us
WE MAKE A DIFFERENCE! The Minnesota Department of Human Services impacts the lives of 1.7 million people every year, helping them meet their basic needs so they can achieve their highest potential.
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
A WORKPLACE CULTURE THAT ENCOURAGES ACCEPTANCE! Our differences make us stronger. Leveraging our individual differences helps us create a workforce where everyone can thrive. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to embedding diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility into all aspects of our work and in our workplace. We do this by developing strong leaders and advocates, increasing cultural competence and understanding among all employees, and removing institutional barriers and attitudes that prevent employees from advancing as far as their talents will take them. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), marital status, familial status, receipt of public assistance, membership or activity in a local human rights commissions, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or age.
How to Apply
Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 .
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers .
If you have questions about the position, contact Melorine Mokri at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate to Daniel Thorp at email@example.com by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an ADA accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Human Services' ADA Coordinator at 651-431-4945 or DHS_ADA@state.mn.us for assistance.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Please indicate what assistance you need.