Health Information Management Specialist
Arthritis and Rheumatology Consultants, P.A. is a team of healthcare professionals that specialize in consultative and comprehensive rheumatologic care . Founded in 1999, we offer care to patients and their physicians in metropolitan and outstate Minnesota.
$18/hr - $23/hr based on experience with a $1,000 signing bonus (after successful completion of 90 days of employment).
W e are currently seeking a Health Information Management Specialist for our fast-paced, teamwork-oriented Edina Office! In this role, you will be responsible for inputting all the medical records that come through our offices, processing mail, answering multi line phone systems, and assisting our Patient Care Specialists at the front desk when needed. Other duties include the following:
- Keeping department current.
- Scanning appropriate paperwork into the system.
- Sorting medical records for 13 Medical Professionals from our 2 locations.
- Take Copays, check in patients, and make recheck appointments.
- Handle patient complaints and concerns and escalate to the Management Team/Clinic Office Managers when appropriate.
- Promptly complete other duties as assigned by the Management Team
- Collegial and teamwork attitude with all staff and patients
- Keep office space orderly
- Attend mandatory monthly before/after-hours trainings
- Assist with shift coverage in the event of staff shortage
- Commit to position for minimum of 1 year
Key Attributes of a successful candidate:
- Customer Service skills - an empathetic, active listener, who has strong follow through skills.
- Critical thinking skills - the ability to think creatively, problem solve, and work independently.
- The Ability to take Feedback well - must be able to listen to feedback or constructive criticism from supervisors or coworkers and apply it to themselves.
• Experience working in health care facilities (experience in Medical Records preferred)
• Strong ability to multi-task, handle stress, deescalate, organize and problem solve
• Excellent critical thinking skills
• Positive attitude and ability to be flexible
• Keep all business information strictly confidential
• Must be proficient in use of computers and multi line phones
• Must be able to work full time with scheduled office hours of 40 hours per week
• An interest in rheumatology, or healthcare services is strongly preferred
• High School Diploma required
Benefits include- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Holiday Time Off, 401k, and Profit Sharing.
Hours (please ensure that you can work the listed shift):
Monday - Thursday 730 am-430 pm , Friday 730 am-130 pm