Insights Data Scientist
Tandigm Health, LLC is a value-based population health organization that places the patient-physician relationship at the center of all we do. We engage our physician network with education, support, and financial incentives around the quality and cost of care. We enable our physicians with timely and actionable information. Finally, we empower our practices with new ways of delivering care.
At Tandigm, you will find a culture where all Teammates have the opportunity to collaborate in an energized, multi-disciplinary work environment focused on improving patient outcomes and enabling our staff to do some of the most rewarding work of their careers. Presently we're looking for an Insights Data Scientist based out of our West Conshohocken, PA office (remote until further notice). You must be within a commutable distance to our West Conshohocken, PA office.
The Insights Data Scientist is a key position reporting to the Sr. Director of Analytics Strategic Programs. The role is highly visible to the CFO and Senior Leadership Team. The Data Scientist is responsible for managing the technical related aspects of population health analytics to support the strategic needs of the company through the application of advanced analytics to diverse business questions and initiatives. A successful applicant will work independently in addition to guide cross-functional teams to initiate, plan, and lead analysis from conceptual development to conclusion. Additionally, the applicant will achieve success using a combination of traits and skills including industry knowledge, data and programming savvy, and math and statistical abilities.
The position will support efforts with teammates, internal business partners, and leadership to clarify requirements, analyze complex data, and produce and present meaningful and defensible results, including the identification of success measures and barriers, improvement opportunities, proposing solutions, and informing strategic decisions. The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial in approach and able to thrive in a fast moving "start-up" environment as well as in a corporate "shared service" organization. The individual will be a strong team player, communicator and business partner, demonstrating Tandigm Health's commitment to superior customer service, quality, care, and concern for teammates and stakeholders.
- Consistently exhibits behavior and communication skills that demonstrate Tandigm Health's commitment to superior customer service, including quality, care and concern with each internal and external customer
- Guides clinical teams and business stakeholders on large scope projects: gathering requirements, developing metrics to measure clinical outcomes, network performance, and methodology
- Works within interdisciplinary teams to develop analytic approaches, measurement plans, data analysis, and report results on health care utilization, expenditures, outcomes, and benchmarks.
- Proposes and creates innovative and appropriate data solutions (dashboards, reports, business intelligence tools, etc.) for the measurement of processes and outcomes
- Design, evaluate, and interpret complex data sets with various architectures and features, and perform program evaluations/ROI analyses
- Develops, validates and executes algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions
- Explores, examines and interprets large volumes of data in various forms
- Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve moderately complex business problems, utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses
- Establishes and leads ongoing process to identify, report, and participate in as well as data issue validation and resolution
- Explores existing data and recommends additional sources of data for improvements
- Documents projects including business objectives, data gathering and processing, detailed set of results and analytical metrics
- Uses, protects, and discloses Tandigm patients' protected health information (PHI) only in accordance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) standards.
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Health Informatics, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics or related field
- Preferred: Masters in biostatistics, epidemiology, health services research, economics, quantitative science
- 5-7 years of experience in healthcare financial and/or statistical analytics using claims data, EMR data, CMS data, clinical outcomes and health care utilization measure preferred
- Understanding of data flows, conceptual knowledge of ETL
- Coding knowledge and ability to develop complex queries in a SQL Server database environment
- Experience in using statistical computer languages (R, Python, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from data sets
- Proficient with business intelligence solutions (data warehouses, data marts, dashboards and scorecards) using Microsoft, Tableau or other prominent BI technology tools preferred
- Experience analyzing large data sets and visualizing / presenting data for stakeholders
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers
- Experience with client relations/customer service
- Experience with project management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Ability to write SQL code to extract and analyze data from multiple data sources
- Understanding of statistical concepts preferred (regression, correlation, analysis of variance, etc.)
- Ability to present complex technical information to non-technical audiences and to senior decision-makers
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with high attention to detail, as well as perform duties under minimal supervision
- Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to train teammates
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques
- Strong problem-solving skills
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS IN ACCORDANCE WITH ADA
Frequent, up to 3 hours per day
Frequent, up to 8 hours per day
Frequent, up to 3 hours per day
- Repetitive Motion:
Keyboard activity, telephone use, writing, reaching, grasping, pushing, pulling
- Visual Acuity:
Ability to view computer monitors and read newsprint, with or without corrective lenses
- Environmental Exposure:
Tandigm Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).