Partnerships’ Specialist – Planner Principal State
Job Class: Planner Principal State
Working Title: Partnerships' Specialist
- Who May Apply: This vacancy is open for bids and for all qualified job seekers simultaneously. Bidders will be considered through 09/28/2022.
- Date Posted: 09/22/2022
- Closing Date: 10/03/2022
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota Department of Health (MDH)
- Division/Unit: Community Health Division / Capacity Development Unit
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift / 8:00 - 4:30pm
- Days of Work: Monday - Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $28.96 - $42.67/hourly; $60,468 - $89,095/annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - Professionals Employees (MAPE)
- FLSA Status: Exempt - Professional
- Connect 700 Program Eligible: Yes
The Community Health Division looking for an enthusiastic individual to lead change efforts and provide professional planning to strengthen the Community Partnerships Public Health Foundational Capability. This position will lead the coordination and planning for the Statewide Community Health Services Advisory Committee (SCHSAC) and for the Healthy Minnesota Partnership (HMP). These statewide partnerships advance positive and equitable statewide public health services and outcomes. The SCHSAC provides direction for Minnesota's governmental public health partnership between MDH and local public health. The HMP is responsible for developing a statewide health assessment and creating and implementing a statewide health improvement plan. This position will also support public health system transformation related to community and cross-sectoral partnerships.
This is a hybrid telework position that may require in-person meetings with external shareholders as well as in-office work in the downtown St. Paul location.
Three years of professional experience in a public health organization to include one or more the following duties:
- Experience in developing work plans and coordinating a team
- Experience in partnership development and planning
- Experience working on public health issues
A degree in Public Health, Community Health, Environmental Health, Public Policy or other related degree will substitute for professional experience, as follows:
Master's degree = 18 month of experience
Bachelor's degree = 12 months of experience
Associates degree = 6 months of experience
Knowledge/Skills to be evaluated in the interview process
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with populations most impacted by health inequities
- Ability to manage conflict
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders
- Skills in decision making and making recommendations
- Master's degree in Public Health, Community Health, Environmental Health, Public Policy or other related degree.
- Knowledge of health equity and related concepts including health disparities and health inequities
- Knowledge of public health accreditation standards and measures for health assessments and improvement plans
- Knowledge of the impact of public and corporate policies on health
This position requires successful completion of the following:
A background check
Why Work For Us
Come work for one of the best public health systems in the nation and you will contribute to our mission to protect, maintain and improve the health of all Minnesotans. We are working hard to achieve our vision for health equity in Minnesota, where all communities are thriving, and all people have what they need to be healthy. Our collaborative, mission-driven work environment is a major factor in promoting a high level of employee health awareness, employee longevity and job satisfaction.
We offer a competitive benefits package including employee and family health and dental insurance, life insurance, disability insurance, health promotion programs, pre-tax benefits, vacation leave, sick leave, paid holidays, deferred compensation, retirement benefits, and more!
How to Apply
Select "Apply for Job" at the top of this page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 .
For additional information about the application process, go to http://www.mn.gov/careers .
If you have questions about the position, contact Matthew H Leo at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-201-5625 .
If you are a Connect 700 applicant, please email your certificate and the Job posting ID # to Matthew Leo at email@example.com by the position close date.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation for an interview, you may contact the Department of Health ADA Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The State of Minnesota is an equal opportunity, affirmative action, and veteran-friendly employer. We are committed to providing culturally responsive services to all Minnesotans. The State of Minnesota recognizes that a diverse workforce is essential and strongly encourages qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans to apply.
We will make reasonable accommodations to all qualified applicants with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who needs assistance or cannot access the online job application system, please contact the job information line at 651-259-3637 or email email@example.com . Please indicate what assistance you need.