Registered Nurse II
Job Posting Title
Registered Nurse II
340 OKLAHOMA STATE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH
340 District 7
Job Posting End Date (Continuous if Blank)
March 10, 2023
Note: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM on the day prior to the posting end date above.
Estimated Appointment End Date (Continuous if Blank)
The annual salary for this position is up to $60,531.46, based on education and experience.
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities for providing direct or indirect professional nursing services in a variety of settings. This includes providing nursing assessments, planning, interventions, evaluations, health related education, case management, and execution of the medical regime including administering medications and treatments prescribed by any person authorized to prescribe by state law. This position is funded by the EPRS Grant with an end date of 06/30/2023.
- Assesses health status of individuals, families, and communities; develops plans and implements appropriate nursing interventions.
- Evaluates and determines health resources necessary to meet individual, family and community health needs.
- Delivers professional nursing care in an assigned unit, clinic, home, or other setting.
- Educates individuals, families, communities, and members of the health care team about the principles of disease prevention and health promotion.
- Provides supervision to other professional or paraprofessional personnel; collaborates with other professionals in the management of health care.
- Delegates tasks as may safely be performed by others, consistent with educational preparation and that do not conflict with the provisions of the Oklahoma Nursing Practice Act.
- Assures quality health care through use of various measures such as record review, peer review, direct observation, and assessment of individual, family, and community for the desired outcome.
- Performs specialized nursing functions as educationally prepared.
This is the career level of the Registered Nurse job family where employees are assigned responsibilities for performing professional nursing duties at the full performance level. This will involve performing a full range of duties in monitoring and assessing the health status of individuals, families, and population as well as defining a plan of care and providing nurse case management and health education when necessary. It may also include some limited responsibilities for providing direction, guidance, or training to other personnel, in providing care and treatment to patients or clients.
Education and Experience
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of possession of a valid Oklahoma license as a registered nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing and one year of professional nursing experience; or Registered Nurse License recognized by the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC) and one year of professional nursing experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of professional nursing theory, practices, and techniques; of health promotion and disease prevention; of nursing management of available health care resources; of nutrition and diet therapy; and of the functions of various clinical departments. Ability is required to assist in the development, organization, and implementation of an effective nursing care plan; to provide education and training; to assess condition and needs of patients, families and communities appropriate to the care setting; to take appropriate intervention; to counsel and teach patients and families; and to provide direction or guidance to non-licensed personnel in assigned area of responsibility to ensure quality care.
Some agencies may have determined positions in this job family to be safety sensitive as defined by63 O.S. § 427.8.
Equal Opportunity Employment
The State of Oklahoma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of genetic information, race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.
Current State of Oklahoma employees must apply for open positions through their Workday account. Go to Careers app on WD home screen>Click on 'Find Jobs-Internal State of Oklahoma'.