Service Desk Consultant – Health Science Technology
The UMN has suspended hiring for most positions. However, we will continue hiring for positions critical to the University's mission and operations at this time. Applications are being accepted for this position and you are encouraged to apply. In-person interviews are suspended indefinitely and will be replaced by interviews in a virtual format. Thank you for your continued interest in working at the University of Minnesota.
*Please document qualifications on resume
- Bachelor's degree in a related field OR a bachelor's degree in an unrelated field and 1 year of relevant experience OR a combination of education and relevant work experience to equal four years.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Highly analytical with the ability to prioritize workload.
- Experience in a fast paced evolving IT environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting a variety of computing devices and applications, which could include, but are not limited to: iOS, Windows, and mobile devices.
- Experience configuring and troubleshooting network connectivity related issues.
About the Job
*Please note, this position is not eligible for H-1B or Green Card sponsorship.
Consider a career with one of the nation's most prestigious Universities! Health Sciences Technology (HST) at the University of Minnesota is currently hiring for a Desktop Support Professional. HST is responsible for supporting health sciences and the University's clinical research staff from administrative units to those working on life changing medical research. We offer work-life balance, competitive benefits, professional development, and a focus on the University's mission. This position supports Health Sciences and the Medical School in excellence and compliance through IT tools. Our ideal candidate is team oriented with excellent customer service skills and high enthusiasm for taking on technical challenges. Personal investment in the work, creating strong professional relationships, and a desire to promote a respectful, inclusive and collaborative climate are critical for success in this position.
- MN State Retirement System (MSRS) pension plan - tax deferred.
- 13 paid vacation days per year (starting accrual rate), in addition to 13 paid sick days and 11 paid holidays.
- Reduced tuition opportunities covering 75% - 100% of eligible tuition.
- Excellent and affordable health care benefits.
- Wellness program with opportunity to earn lower health care rates.
- Annual merit increase program.
- Using technical expertise, along with support tools such as Service Now and Bomgar, troubleshoot escalated end user technology issues including non-routine or complex problems. Provide support via phone, chat, email, face-to-face, and using remote tools as needed.
- Exercise strong decision making skills and appropriate discretion related to severity and prioritization of incidents.
- Support project roles for provisioning, de-provisioning, procurement and warehouse work.
- Support and deliver end-user computing devices, software and peripherals for Health Sciences.
- Image, deploy and manage workstations and software using efficient management tools and processes.
- Establish collaborative working relationships and define needs though end-user consultation to improve IT usage for all customer units, including Health Sciences and supported clinics.
- Evaluate and share effective desktop support processes with the larger University community.
- Participate in service staff team meetings; bring and present on challenges and solutions.
- Research and participate in relevant training opportunities and resources to stay current on workstation support technologies and industry development.
How To Apply
Applications must be submitted online. To be considered for this position, please click the Apply button and follow the instructions. You will be given the opportunity to complete an online application for the position and attach a cover letter and resume.
Additional documents may be attached after application by accessing your "My Job Applications" page and uploading documents in the "My Cover Letters and Attachments" section.
To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
The University recognizes and values the importance of diversity and inclusion in enriching the employment experience of its employees and in supporting the academic mission. The University is committed to attracting and retaining employees with varying identities and backgrounds.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression. To learn more about diversity at the U: http://diversity.umn.edu.
Background Check Information
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. Our presumption is that prospective employees are eligible to work here. Criminal convictions do not automatically disqualify finalists from employment.
About the U of M
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC)
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.